Our Favorite Ways to Wear a Pareo
A pareo (also callled a sarong) is one of the most versatile coverup styles. Few people know all the different ways to wear one of these pretty little garments, but we'll take you step-by-step through several of our favorites.
To wear as a Skirt:
- Hold the pareo horizontally at waist level, directly behind you, with your body near the center.
- Pull the ends forward, allowing the fabric to sit gently at your waist.
- Gather the ends and tie them securely in a knot at either your hip or front of your waist, leaving plenty of room to move.
- For a shorter version, fold the pareo in half before wrapping it around your waist.
To wear Toga-Style:
- Pull the pareo across your body, with the opening on the side.
- Pull the ties up over your shoulder.
- Secure at the shoulder with a pin or knot.
To wear as a Jacket:
- Fold the pareo in half horizontally.
- Tie a small knot at the top of the fold you just made.
- Take one corner and tie another knot around the first knot, near the middle of the pareo.
- Repeat step 2 on the other corner.
- You have made two openings, one for each arm. You can now slip on the jacket and wear it open, or tie it closed across your front.
To wear as a Wrap Dress:
- Open the pareo. Pull the fabric around you, horizontally, with one end in each hand. It should be wrapped around your back and open in front.
- Cross the corners over one another and pull over the opposite shoulder. The corner in your right hand should be over your left shoulder, and vice versa.
- Tie the pareo halter-style behind your neck.
- For a different version of the dress, try twisting the ends around each other in the front before tying behind your neck.
To wear in other ways:
Tips: For a dressier look, try using a jeweled pin, brooch or hair clip to fasten your pareo in place.
Stretching is the simple solution to remove wrinkles from a pareo. Stretch the pareo gently but firmly from the ends in both directions and watch the wrinkles disappear.
As always, Cyberswim Customer Service is available to help you with your unique fit challenges. Give us a call at 1-800-291-2943, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get answers to any questions you have about our products.